TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
2. Posidonia maintains the right to revise, modify and update some or all of the present terms and conditions at any time and without notice. The continuation of the use of the website by you after such changes, modifications, etc. amounts to acceptance on your part.
3. Accessing the Website
Access to the Website is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw access to the Website or amend any service we provide on the Website without notice. Posidonia will not be liable if, for any reason, the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your Internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them. You agree not to damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Website, or do anything which may interrupt or impair its functionality.
Anything on the Website may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it. Posidonia seeks to ensure that information published on the Website is accurate when posted, but Posidonia cannot be held liable for its accuracy or timeliness and may change the information at any time without notice. You must not rely on information on the Website and you acknowledge that you must take appropriate steps to verify any such information before acting upon it.
Posidonia reserves the right to monitor and track your visits to the Website.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
The content of the Website in its entirety, that is for example: the texts, images, photographic material, videos, logos, etc. (henceforth “the content”), apart from the exceptions mentioned explicitly (e.g. intellectual property rights of third parties), is an intellectual property of Posidonia and is protected by the relevant legislation in force. Products or services of third parties, which may appear on the electronic pages of the website, are these parties’ intellectual and industrial property and Posidonia does not bear any responsibility with regard to them. It is prohibited to reproduce or distribute any materials from the website for commercial purposes without the explicit written approval of Posidonia.
Posidonia is the owner or the licensee of all copyright, trade marks, design rights, database rights, confidential information or any other intellectual property rights (together, the “Intellectual Property”) in and on the Website. The Intellectual Property in and on the Website is protected by various laws and treaties around the World. All rights are reserved to Posidonia.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from the Website for your own use on the following basis:
• no documents or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way;
• no graphics on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text; and
• Posidonia copyright and trade mark notices and the permission given in these Terms must appear in all copies.
The use of any extract from the Website otherwise than in accordance with the above licence provisions (for any purpose) is prohibited. If you breach any of the above licence provisions, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any printed or downloaded extracts from the Website.
The Website may not be reproduced or stored, as a whole or in part, in any other website, or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without Posidonia’s prior written permission. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved. You agree not to adapt, alter or create any derivative works from any of the material contained in the Website, or use such material for any purpose other than for personal, non-commercial use.
7. Misuse of the Website
You must not alter, add to, delete, remove or tamper with the Website or any part of it or indirectly disrupt or interfere (or attempt to disrupt or interfere) with or alter the Website. You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
You must not access the Website for unlawful use, including, without limitation, use which would constitute a criminal offence. You hereby agree to on demand indemnify and keep us indemnified for any costs, claims, liabilities, fines, expenses, demands, proceedings and losses whatsoever made against or incurred by us as a direct or indirect result of your breach of this paragraph.
Posidonia will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it or on any website linked to it. Posidonia recommends that you take measures to protect the security of your computer, including, without limitation, installing anti-virus software on your computer.
8. Links to the Website
Where Posidonia authorises you to link to the Website, you may include a link to the Website provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you. Posidonia may withdraw the authorisation for you to link to the Website at any time without notice.
Safeguarding the integrity of the information entrusted to our care is of the utmost importance to Posidonia and it is for this reason that Posidonia has taken a series of organisational and technical measures to make sure that all of your data is secure.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website as well as our practices for collecting, using, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy outlines our principles and practices regarding your personal data and how we process it.
10. Principles of Processing: Posidonia processes personal data in accordance with the following principles and in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR:
Lawfulness, Fairness, Transparency: Personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
Purpose Limitation: Personal data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
Data Minimisation: Processing relates to data that is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
Accuracy: Personal data is accurate. Every reasonable step is taken to ensure that any personal data that are inaccurate are rectified without delay.
Storage Limitation: Personal data is held for no longer than is necessary for the purposes and scope of processing. However, in some cases Posidonia may hold the personal data for longer periods in order to comply with its legal obligations.
Confidentiality and Integrity: Personal data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised and unlawful processing, access, loss etc.
Accountability: Posidonia complies with transparent data protection processing and adheres to its legal obligations in relation to data protection and privacy
11. Protection of Personal Data: The management and protection of your personal data are subject to the present terms as well as to the relevant legislation in force.
• Posidonia collects personal data from the website’s visitors/users only when the latter offer them voluntarily for the provision of the website’s services that are available electronically. The personal data collected from the website are especially the following: first and last name, position, company/organisation, address, telephone and fax number, email address, website
• Posidonia commits to refraining from transferring, publicising or making in any other way available without approval the visitors/users’ personal data to unrelated third parties, unless obliged to do so by law and only to the competent authorities
• Posidonia can process a part or the whole of the data sent by visitors/users for statistical purposes and for improving the services and information offered by the website
12. Data Collection: Posidonia collects several types of data from and about the users of our Website and others, including:
• Contact details such as your name, postal address, email address or telephone number ("personal information")
• Banking card details in order to fulfil your order. Posidonia does not store or process your card details, they are processed and stored via one of Posidonia’s contracted third-party service providers
• Information to assist Posidonia in detecting, preventing, and/or remediating fraud or any other harmful actions. Posidonia will verify the personal information you provide (including, but not limited to your name, address, details of user funding instruments, and details of payment transactions) with the relevant payment processors and/or credit reference and fraud agencies
• History and details of your orders placed via our Website, in direct contact with Posidonia and through our sales agents
• Details of when Posidonia contacts you and when you contact Posidonia. Posidonia keeps a record of any email correspondence you send, so can track any problems or concerns you have had with any of the retailer's products or stores operated through the sites
• Your email when you subscribe to Posidonia newsletters
Posidonia collects this data:
• When you navigate through the Posidonia Website
• When you provide it to Posidonia
• From Posidonia’s affiliates
13. Use of Information: Posidonia uses information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information in order to:
• present our Website and its contents to you
• provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
• offer and carry out our core business purposes which include:
o organising the International Shipping Exhibition Posidonia and the Posidonia Games sporting events
o organising the Posidonia Sea Tourism Forum
o promoting and selling products and services for the above-mentioned events
• allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
• process and manage your order so we can complete the sale between us and you and to fulfil your order
• verify your identity and your payment method or credit card account for the detection, prevention, and/or remediation of fraud, terrorism or any other harmful or criminal actions
• carry out research and customer surveys where we have your consent
• deal with and resolve any customer service and dispute resolution
• for any other purpose where we have your consent
• if you have agreed to participate in one of our events as a sponsor, exhibitor or visitor, personal information is used in connection with the organisation of the event, to handle payments or for other purposes, as it is necessary for performing the contract entered into. We use your personal information to maintain our databases, assess your qualities as a sponsor or exhibitor, promote events and encourage further engagement at our events, as part of the legitimate interests we have as a commercial organisation
• at our events we sometimes take photos and videos, which may feature visitor, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors. Where photos and videos are taken that feature you as a visitor, speaker, sponsor or exhibitor, we may use those photos and videos for promotional purposes.
• we will use your personal information to send you newsletters, offers or other marketing emails to keep you up to date with our news, events, products and services that may be of interest.
14. Disclosure of Information: As part of our compliance with the principle of transparency and in order to be able to provide you with our services effectively, we may need to pass on your personal data to certain third parties.
Specifically, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to:
• Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
• Logistics and other shipping and delivery service providers
• Payment processing and technology services
• A regulatory or government authority where required by law
• Where required to do so, to payment processors, auditors, customer service providers, fraud agencies, credit reference agencies, financial product providers, credit card associations, commercial partners, public authorities, etc.
In all other instances, personal data collected and processed by Posidonia is not disclosed in any way to third parties unless such disclosure is expressly required by law.
15. Your personal data rights:
Right of Access
You have the right to obtain from Posidonia a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and a receipt of a copy.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to obtain from Posidonia the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to obtain from Posidonia the erasure of personal data concerning you. Posidonia will proceed to delete your personal data, where at least one of the following grounds applies:
• The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected
• You have withdrawn your consent on which the processing is based
• You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for continuing such processing
• The personal data have to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to obtain from Posidonia the restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
• The accuracy of the data is contested
• The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data
• Posidonia no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to Posidonia, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where at least one of the following applies:
• The processing is based on consent
• The processing is based on a contract
Right to Lodge a Complaint
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, the data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Agency (www.dpa.gr) if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes his rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us GDPR@posidonia-events.com.
If you make a request and are not satisfied with our response, or believe that we are illegally processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
16. Data Retention and Destruction:
Posidonia will keep your personal data only for as long as it is necessary in order to carry out the scope of the data processing. However, there may be times that we are required to store your personal data for longer periods in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Retaining personal data for a period longer than it is actually necessary, contravenes the principles of data minimisation and proportionality and therefore once the data processing is complete, or the time period set by Law has passed, we will proceed to delete your personal data.
17. Disclaimer of Posidonia: The content of the website is available to you as it stands for personal use only. Posidonia does not offer any explicit or implicit guarantee with regard to the accuracy, lawfulness or appropriateness of this content for any use, application or aim.
Posidonia is under no circumstance –including the case of negligence– responsible for any damage suffered by the visitor/user of the webpages, services, data, links and other contents of the website. Also, Posidonia does not guarantee that the webpages, services, selections and contents in general shall be offered non-stop, without faults and that any faults shall be corrected.
While Posidonia endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, Posidonia does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. Posidonia may make changes to the material on the Site at any time and without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date and Posidonia makes no commitment to update such material.
18. Newsletters, marketing emails, brochures: The opportunity to opt out of future marketing emails will be provided on every marketing email and we will provide information on how to opt out when your personal information is collected. You have the right to amend your marketing preferences at any time. Subscription to Posidonia’s newsletters is optional. If you wish to stop receiving newsletters and/or marketing material you may send an email to that effect at any time to the following address email@example.com or to write us at: Posidonia Exhibitions SA, 4-6 Efplias Street, 18537 Piraeus, Greece.
19. Posidonia is not obliged to answer any request of any kind that may be sent through the website and the email addresses, unless obliged to do so pursuant to mandatory legal provisions or to the present terms and conditions.
20. Implied Terms: The express provisions of these Terms are in place of all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations implied by statute, common law, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, all of which are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. Liability: The material on the Site is provided “as is”. Posidonia and any third party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website and including, without limitation, any and all entities within the Posidonia) hereby exclude any and all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including, without limitation, any: (i) direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage, (ii) loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts or use of money, or (iii) loss or damage arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether any of the foregoing are in tort, contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website, including the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website. Posidonia is not responsible for the content of external websites. The Website may include links to external websites from time to time and when you access these links you may leave the Website. These links are provided for your convenience. External websites are not part of the Website and Posidonia does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content of external websites (nor the products or services on them), is not responsible for the availability of external websites and will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using external websites, including, without limitation, viruses that may infect computer equipment, software, data or other property. If you decide to access linked external websites you do so at your own risk. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit Posidonia liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence, or (ii) fraud.
22. Applicable law and Jurisdiction: The above terms and conditions concerning the use of the website as well as any modification or change thereof are interpreted in accordance with the relevant legislation in force. If any of the above terms or provisions contradicts the existing legislation, then this particular term or provision shall be considered invalid and non-applicable without in any way affecting the validity or force of the other terms and provisions. The visitors/users of the website accept without reservations that any disputes that may arise from the use of the website and the application of the present terms and conditions are exclusively governed by Greek law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Piraeus.
23. When you navigate the website you solemnly declare that you have the legal capacity to conclude the present agreement.
For any information with regard to the terms and conditions of the website’s use, please contact the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.